How to Work with Airbrush Makeup
From the sensually gorgeous Angelina, Penelope Cruise and Sofia Vergara, to the Latino bombshell Jenifer Lopez and even Mila Kunis, all celebrities are fans of the magically flawless and wonderful effects of airbrush makeup.
How to work it?
Do you need a natural Photoshop before you a click that selfie? Well, that’s exactly why we need the magic of airbrush makeup. It is incredibly simple and easy to apply. All you have to do is:
- Take a small amount of the specialized foundation
- Mix it with a few droplets of water
- Use the airbrush pen to spray it nicely all over your face.
Now, stand back and admire the divine effect and sheer perfection of the amazing coverage that it gives to your face without adding an unusually large quantity of makeup or foundation. What’s even more remarkable is that it even works its magic on all those horrible dark circles, rosacea and eye bags that diminish the freshness of your face.
Let’s begin with the essentials that you to need to do your air brush makeup at home
You must have with you:
- An airbrush compressor
- An airbrush pen, also referred to as the wand
- A hose to connect the wand with the compressor
- Makeup foundation
- A small amount of water
How much will this equipment cost you?
Even if this is your first time with airbrush makeup, there is nothing to worry about as you can find all these essentials, except the foundation, in a specialized equipment kit which will cost you around $120-$600, depending on the brand and quality you choose to buy. The foundation will have to be bought separately and will cost you around $20.
So, how do you apply the makeup?
It’s easy and simple. All you need to do is:
- Take a cup with a small amount of water and mix some drops of the foundation in it.
- Using the wand, spray the mixture all over your face and neck. (Remember: The wand must be placed at least 6-10 inches away from your face and it should never be still, but rather, constantly moving in soft and slow circles. Also, you need to be very careful that the spray does not go into your eyes.)
- Allow the foundation to dry nicely.
- If you feel like there is still need for more coverage, you can apply a second coat.
- Once your second coat dries, your face will glow with a natural finish and beauty.
Which foundation should you invest in?
You have two choices:
While most cosmeticians and beauticians recommend the silicon based foundation owing to its flawless and perfection, you need to make sure your makeup is airbrush proof.
The advantages of using Airbrush
- The makeup stays on for as long as 10-20 hours with a guaranteed freshness for 16 hours.
- You can share your makeup among friends without being overwhelmed by sanitary and hygiene concerns.
- You can use this makeup on your legs to work some real magic.
- It makes it easy to add extra elements, for instance, stencil tattoos.
Are there any disadvantages?
- Be prepared to spend a huge amount of money because this stuff is costly.
- You need to have a lot of time on your hand to go through this beauty routine
- You cannot do your makeup without the required equipment, electricity, water and most importantly, a spacious dressing room.
- If you manage to get the makeup in or near your eye, the pain will be excruciating.
- Airbrush makeup cannot be carried along to work in your makeup bag.
However, pros and cons aside, this wonderfully smooth, flawlessly shiny and natural dewy look is definitely worth a try. Who knows, after Getting the Right Face Makeup you might end up falling in love with its beauty magic!